After a challenging year, where life took over, I am resolved to start blogging again.
We have just returned form an exhausting visit to the UK. Following my father-in-law’s death we were faced with getting the house ready for sale. We arrived in a damp and chilly England to find the boiler had broken down and couldn’t be mended for a couple of days. After a quick visit to Argos to buy a blow-up bed (the real ones had already gone) and a kettle, we stacked up with paint and over the next three days:
- decorated four rooms, (kitchen and sitting room included)
- hired an estate agent
- had an energy survey done
- changed the locks
- arranged a gardener
- bought an electric heater
- returned said electric heater when it didn’t work and bought another
- gave clothes and cultery to a charity and 4 huge black bags of hospital materials to the pharmacy
- made numerous recycling disposals
- got the boiler mended (!)
- and even managed various family visits, several Indian meals and a meeting to discuss The Dragonlite Legacy.